As promised!, here they are, the smaller version of Vintage Glamed up Bottles. They measure 7 and 8 inches tall for those smaller spots that need a little bling. There are 5 different designs available in my Etsy Store...
This is what's been keeping me from all the things I should be doing. I found her here for a song. I'll be putting her in my newly redecorated office! She is over 100 yrs old and in desperate need of some love. I've stripped all the piping and have begun to sand her beautifuly carved frame. I think I'll be doing the frame in white and tomorrow will be searching for a fun, funky, bright fabric that will go perfectly in my office. Of course I'll bring home a few choices to ask your openion about. So check back soon, Im gonna need your help as usual. lol. Oh, check out the carving on these legs!
I've been a busy little bee the last few days. One of the items I've completed are these darling crown charms. They are printed on snippets from a vintage hymnal. The words are quite legible which to me makes them even more special. The first one went around my neck of course, but the rest are being offered in my Etsy Store. Hurry, I have a feeling these wont last long......watch for some mini bottles to debut soon!
Two new pieces waited patiently all day long yesterday to be photographed. As usual I tried to cramming just one more chore in before dragging everything outdoors to shoot the pics. It was a race against time. The sun was quickly setting. Nothing I seemed to be doing was pleasing to the eye or cooperating for me! Bad lighting and not the most pleasing of photographs, but Ahhh.....the necklace gorgeous! Its one of those that when you put it on, it really does not matter what you're wearing ...You look Stunning! You can view the entire piece here.
These last two images are just a tease of a piece that will be for sale in the Etsy store later today. There was just no salvaging these photos, so they must be re-shot. That'll teach me to procrastinate! lol
Well here it is......the finished lampshade ( it might need one more touch, I'm asking for your opinion at the end of the post), so as promised, this is how I did it.
Cut fabrics in carefully calculated strips. My lampshade was different circumferences at the top and bottom making it a real challenge for me. Thanks to hubby and a calculator I could move on to the next step. ( thanks dear)!
I ironed in the raw edges on both sides and gave the fabric and the lampshade a quick spray with quilt basting spray. The reason I use this spray first is that it is repositionable. I could apply the fabric and reposition it as needed. When I got them in the perfect position I used spray adhesive, securing the fabric having the top and bottom edges of fabric expending beyond the shade.
I hot glued the edges of the fabric to the inside of the shade and glued black velvet ribbon to cover the raw edge.
Far be it from me to leave well enough alone... I added a lace trim on top of that. After all it will show if you are sitting at the desk and I think it is a pretty surprise, don't you? O.K. so here is where I need your opinion. I have a whole spool of this lace trim and I thought I might trim out the outside too! I placed a few scraps on the outside just to see what it would look like.
Whatcha think? with or without? Please leave a comment and help me out. Now that these are done it's on to a new "Project Decorate" project!
It was a tough choice, I considered so many nice fabrics for this project. I finally made my decision and these are the ones that made the final cut. I really love the way they all work together. (they work for me anyway), some of them having a more vintage textile feel to them while others are so vivid and contemporary. Perfect for the "Look" of the new office. The fabric on the far left ( blue and green) and the black and white damask print I found here. The hot pink and bright teal and green are designs of this cool chick, and last but not least... the pink floral with the yellow and orange center is a favorite pick from thisfabric goddess. These girls would never steer me wrong! lol The plan is to cover the contemporary lamp shades in wide strips of each of these fabrics. Its very hard to see, but if you go back to the original post you can just barely see the lampshade on the night table. LOVE IT !!! Tutorial to come in the next Project Decorate Post!